Monday, January 9, 2012

First Week

I definately struggled this week.  Our Kitchen was in the final stages of being remodeled so I really couldn't control what and how dinners were cooked.  I was able to do pretty good during the work hours, but dinners I did my best.  For the most part I stayed within my points and I tried hard to drink as much water as I could.  I started back at Crossfit, first week at CFT (Crossfit Triton).  I started Monday and couldn't move until Friday when I went for my second class.  This upcoming week, my goal is Mon-Wed-Fri to get back in the swing of things.  Once my body feels "right" I plan to start going Mon,Tues, Thur,Fri.  I have been wanting to move it up to 4 times per week but yet to do so.

Monday is my weigh-in days, after a tough week of starting out, I did manage to lose 2.7 lbs!  Yahoo :)  Now that our kitchen is done, I am hoping that I can get back on track for eating healthy at home and keep up a 2 lb per week loss.  I know for me that is stretching it, last year my average was 1 lb per week, but my head is in the game a little better at this point.

As far as the running a 5K, I started some online research for shoes and training.  All I need to do is go shopping for some attire (for the cold) and shoes then I plan to start.  The training I found is a 9 week course, if all goes well, I should be able to run my first 5K by spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment