Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 1 - Holding Myself Accountable

This is the start of holding myself Accountable.  I am coming out of my shell and opening up my life and feelings to everyone.

A Year ago today, I started my weight loss journey.  I took it slow, but it was steady.  Over the past year I lost 37 pounds and hope to loose that and more this year.  I was always and athletic person and was always on the go.  Over the years work, school, friends and family all became more important and I lost the drive to get out and move.  The drive inside me is back, now I just need to let it shine.  I have set new goals for myself.

Back in highschool I used to run daily with a neighbor of mine and we ran probably close to 2-3 miles each night.  This year I have decided to make it my goal to run a 5K.  I need to get past the "I can't do it anymore" or the feeling of "what if".  I know deep down I can do it, it will just take time. 

I think my issue over the past few years is due to everying always came easy to me when I was heathly and athletic.  Now that I am not, it isn't easy and trying to overcome that is plain and simple - hard.


Here is what I looked like 1 year ago when I started this journey.  I don't ever want to be this big again.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment