Friday, December 28, 2012

Wow, 1 year has gone by so fast!  I am awful at keeping up with this blogging stuff. My Goals for 2012 were accomplished.  Here is a great side by side comparison...



Running a 5K; well I ran several 5k's they were fun and I even had my oldest son (9 yrs old) run one with me, he did great!  I hope 2013 he will run more with me.  Maybe even do one without needing to stop.  For 2013, my goal is to continue running 5k's, but improve my times.  I don't really have the heart to run any more than that.  Once I cross that finish line, I am thankful it is over.  Maybe because it is still hard for me, or maybe it is just because I never loved running.  Maybe by the end of 2013 I will have that answer.

As far as weight loss, I am doing GREAT.  I was hoping to be at my goal weight by the end of 2012, but that was a hope more than a goal. I am not at my goal weight, but feel so much better and look a whole lot better too.  Maybe 2013 will by my Goal Weight year! Here is to hoping!!

Cross Fit Triton has been great, my other Goal of 2012 was to work out 3-4 days a week, well there were several weeks I got there 5 days!  CFT opened their doors on Sunday's now too so there is the option of going on the weekends which is great.

As part of the CF community, I joined in a nationwide Paleo Challenge and did AWESOME in it.  It was 9 weeks long and I lost 18 lbs, 10+ inches overall and felt great.  The Challenge was over the day before I left for Vacation and then there were the holidays, so it is time now to buckle down and get back on it!  The Paleo Healthy Eating was great, I loved everything I ate, I never felt hungry and I never really craved anything.  Ok - maybe craved cheese but other than that, it works for me.  I still am doing weight watchers because I need the accountability of if.

So, my new personal goals for 2013:  Continue running 5k's but make the times better -  10 min miles or less.  And finalize my weight loss so I can have a future goal at CFT doing bandless pull ups or double unders, etc.    Here is to 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment